Friday, June 7, 2013

Quiet Observation

Fetlife...

Okay. I have rejoined… Maybe because I know one day I might be ready for a social munch… maybe… Maybe because I think I can deflect the hunters again… idk…

If you have a Fetlife account, follow me!: quietobservation

Photo



Photo



Photo





Aries Daily Horoscope for Today 7 June 2013:

astraltwelvehoroscopes:

Aries open up your mind today and feel the sense of security that is all around you. There is abundance in your life and you are feeling highly safe and secure. This is a comfortable transit and is so much better than the chaos of the last few months. Take time to walk around the block today. 

Yay! I love this feeling, and I must admit I’m feeling it today. Even before I read this. Chaotic is mild to describe the last few months for me, but by God I survived and I’m thriving FAR better than I was when I thought things were good.

AND, I’ve already walked more than just the block today. Got 45 mins in, walking the neighborhood.

It’s a GOOD day, ya’ll… ☺

dailyastro: Aries 6244: Check out The Daily Astro for facts...



dailyastro:

Aries 6244: Check out The Daily Astro for facts about Aries.

Lol- this can be true. I try not to complain or be negative. But when the flood-gates burst… Uh oh…

confidentialonlinetherapist: Let's try this again. (Original...



confidentialonlinetherapist:

Let's try this again. (Original reblog disappeared, strange.)

Invalid. Voyeuristic Disorder, Exhibitionistic Disorder, Frotteuristic Disorder, Sexual Masochism Disorder, Sexual Sadism Disorder, Fetishistic Disorder, Transvestic Disorder, and a few others remain Paraphilia's in the newly released DSM 5, the American Psychiatric Association's Bible of sorts, for diagnosable mental health disorders. JUST released this month.

I have it in front of me.

HOWEVER, it should be noted that one MUST be experiencing "clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning." Also to note, most paraphilia's require it effecting someone else without consent. And THIS is not the definition of BDSM.

Do I agree that these should be in the DSM 5? I'm not a Doctor, but as a licensed therapist, I tend to believe that the diagnosable difficulty lies in the mood, conduct, social, personality, or other diagnosis, and that social or sexuality would be the area of impairment. Do I think that this is often misdiagnosed and will continue to be, based off of some Doctor or therapist's discomfort with human sexuality? Yes.

Now, do I agree that BDSM is self-harm? No, on this I agree with the author.

Individuals who struggle with NSSI (Non-Suicidal Self-Injury) are often seeking to avoid feelings, relationships, or dealing with life difficulties. They have a tendency to struggle with self-regulation of emotions, impulsivity, self-derogation, and they often struggle with social reciprocity and feeling supported by their relationships.

BDSM is very much the opposite, as a submissive develops quite an ability to feel, perceive, and understand both him/herself and their world around them. A submissive learns great self-discipline and ability to control their impulsivity. They learn to value themselves for their beauty and all they have to offer. And a mature BDSM relationship is VERY protective, supportive, and loving. In fact, I have observed many submissives who once struggled with self-harm to heal and replace their previously harmful relationships with healthy and supportive skills, under the care and watchful eye of a patient Dominant.

Might BDSM and NSSI coincide? Possibly. But just as depression, OCD, ADHD, anxiety, or any other diagnosis might coincide with anything.

If YOU are struggling with self-harm, or you are seeking masochistic relationships in which to avoid feelings, relationships, or life- find a therapist. Preferably one who is open-minded or progressive in regards to sexuality. There IS hope for healing, security, and happiness in your relationships.

For more info on paraphilia's see: http://www.psychiatry.org/File%20Library/Practice/DSM/DSM-5/DSM-5-Paraphilic-Disorders.pdf 

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/03/sexual_kinks_in_the_dsm_v_paraphilic_disorders_describe_unhappy_kinksters.html

http://www.paraphilias.com/publications/pdfs/28835-Krueger-Paraphilic%20diagnoses%20in%20DSM-5.pdf

ditzylizzie: I crave youin the mostinnocent formfor I crave to saygood nightand give youforehead...

ditzylizzie:

I crave you
in the most
innocent form
for I crave to say
good night
and give you
forehead kisses
and to say
that I adore you
when you feel
at your worst.

I crave you
in ways
where I just
want to be
next to you
and nothing
more or less.

Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Whaaat...?!

What happens to those reaaaaally long posts you write and post and they seem to have vanished into thin air??? 

UGGH.

musingsandbruises: I do this a lot. With one hand.



musingsandbruises:

I do this a lot. With one hand.

Realized this week...

That even if I wanted/was ready to attend something like a local munch/D/s social, I couldn’t. It would NOT work out successfully if I met current or future clients there… 😳

Sooooooo… If/when the day comes, there will be travel involved. 🚙

Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment